Dry, chapped lips are a problem for many of us, all year round. Enter lip oils, the latest beauty obsession and the new way to transform your pout from parched to perfectly hydrated.
Lip oils are the latest trend
You’ve probably seen hair and face oils, but for 2020, lip oils are the new craze taking over. They’re a cross between a nourishing lip balm and a luxurious clear lip gloss, infused with skin-loving oils that impart long-lasting moisture onto lips. Our Beauty Lab is forever on the hunt for lip treatments that actually work. So far, we’re are extremely impressed with lip oils. You’ve not tried next level moisture until you’ve given this thirst-quenching kiss-fix a try.
How do lip oils work?
Just as skin oils boost hydration and plump skin, lip oils will do the same. Natural Oils like Jojoba and Mulberry work to repair lips while you wear, as well giving that high gloss finish. Unlike the rest of our epidermis, lips don’t have oil glands. By applying oil, you create a barrier against external aggressors like sun, spicy food, cold weather, winds and more.
How many ways can I wear a lip oil?
- Wear it bare for translucent irresistible shine on nude lips.
- Wear on top of colour and apply after lipstick for a sheer gloss finish.
- Why not use before bed? The oils will improve the texture and moisture content of your lips. Sleep with your lip oil on to let the ingredients sink in overnight.
- Prep tip: use a little micro-dermabrasion treatment first to lightly exfoliate for super smooth flake-free finish.
Wear it bare
Check out these amazing, glossy results on natural, bare lips.
How do I pair a lip oil with lipstick?
What are lip oils made of?
Nutri-Rich Lip Oil is made from 97% plant extracts. You will love this combination of seven luxurious natural oils. Get all of these benefits to transform your pout.
- Apricot Kernel Oil: Intensively moisturises and nourishes lips
- Jojoba Seed Oil: Provides lips with anti-ageing and regenerating properties
- Rice Bran Oil: Full of Antioxidants, Vitamins B and E. Hydrates, plumps and protect lips
- Sunflower Seed Oil: An emollient making lips moist and soft
- Mulberry Extract: Conditions lips leaving them soft and smooth
- Soybean Oil: Imparts soft, smooth and supple skin
- Annatto Oil: Rich in essential minerals to soothe dry lips
Five reasons to love Nutri-Rich Nourishing Lip Oil
- Do you love the finish of a gloss but hates the sticky feel? Lip oils make sticky lips a thing of the past.
- Not only does our lip oil deliver that highly-lacquered finish, the soft angled tip glides for easy application in a hurry. Simply glide on and you’re done.
- Nutri-Rich Nourishing Lip Oil gives shine with a consistency so light you’ll forget you’re wearing anything at all.
- The innovative treatment blends seven hydrating natural oils (including mineral-packed Annatto and Rice Bran Oils).
- Nothing is worse than dry, cracked lips, especially when you’re trying to apply a bold lip colour. This will make lipstick glide on easier.
How is it different to Nutri-Rich Lip Treatment?
You get all the goodness of Nutri-Rich Lip Treatment including nourishment from our hero ingredient Apricot Kernel Oil – expect with the added visual benefit of the gorgeous glossy finish. The added luxe seven oil blend will keep dry lips soft and shiny for long-lasting results.
Did you know?
- Your lips, just like your fingers, have prints that are unique. No two pair of lips are the same.
- Your lips don’t contain any sebaceous glands, hence why they dry out quicker
- Your lips get thinner as you age because your body slowly starts to produce less collagen